Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Links

I have many thoughts and posts in production right now - either started in my saved items or simply still in the form of notes in my planner. Stay tuned for those. But, for now, I wanted to share a few links with you. These are some blogs and sites that I have really enjoyed lately.

  • The Choate Family - good friends of ours from seminary housing days, now serving as missionaries in the Solomon Islands. I credit them with introducing us to blogging. Why I recommend them...Sometimes it can be so much easier to teach our children about missions when there is a face to it. This family offers a beautiful face to every day life on the mission field. Also, Joanna has a phenomenal talent for compiling book lists! Just check out the "basket" lists on the side bar of the blog, and you will find an incredible collection of titles. She has blessed me so many times with incredible lists of books to supplement our school curriculum, the latest of which is sitting in my email inbox waiting to be printed and pored over. I haven't yet offered my deep thanks for those lists - thank you, dear friend! An email will be coming this week!
  • Genco Journal - I have never had the privilege of meeting Ruthanne in person, but I'm going to very soon! :-) We're determined to put that together! Why I recommend her blog...Ruthanne is a homeschool mom who can put together some of the neatest crafts and projects. Just looking at the pictures of what her kids have done inspires me - and then she shares recipes. Yum! Her blog is a fun site for ideas, and I love that!
  • Stephanie's Mommy Brain - in my world, Stephanie is the blog queen! A friend from college, she is a homeschooling mom who is very savvy when it comes to blogging. Why I recommend her...Besides having a wealth of information on her own blogs, she offers links galore! I have found so much in the way of useful information and useful websites thanks to her effort. She is also a great writer, and I greatly enjoy reading her posts. (And, I have had the privilege of being a guest writer on her blog, which has been fun!)
  • Women by Grace - Stephanie referred me to this site, and I'm so thankful! Why I recommend it...Well, I must confess - I get to write on this one! :-) I am a weekly columnist, writing on parenting. But, there are so many other encouraging posts, columns, and links on this site. It has been a blessing to explore what has been shared on this blog and to follow the links.
I'll stop for now, but occasionally I'll share more. Do you have any favorite links?

9 comments:

Doug Hibbard said...

*snif*

I can think of some links you left out...

Ruthanne said...

*snort*

Doug just made me almost spew my coffee all over my monitor!

I need to check out the Choate family blog. :D

Doug Hibbard said...

Ruthanne---I can hear you snort from here.

Now wipe off that coffee off your computer!!

Thank you, sweetie, for posting a new post with my links. I feel specialer.

Remind me to hook you up on feedburner.

The Hibbard Family said...

Glad you feel specialer, darling!

Feedburner, huh? Okay

Ruthanne said...

Doug - I'm offended. I snort like a lady. You can NOT hear it from where you're at!

And "specialer" isn't a word. I know - because I homeschool. :D

*snort*

Doug Hibbard said...

Ruthanne- perhaps I'm simply remembering. But maybe not...

If you consult your spell checker, homeschool's not even a word!

Ruthanne said...

Ann - Doug is being mean to me!

Choate Family said...

Can you hear me laughing all the way over there? You are a sweetie and a great encourager, Ann. I miss laughing with you guys!

Stephanie Kay said...

You guys (remember I'm in New England!) are cracking me up!!

Thank you for your sweet words! You are far to kind. My blogging internship is kicking my tush and showing me just have very little I know about blogging.

I'm glad you are able to write on the other site!! That's fabulous!!