Monday, June 29, 2009

Beautifully Mundane

I think I'm experiencing writer's block. Do you ever feel that way? Maybe not with writing, but with something that you love to do? I greatly enjoy writing and expressing my thoughts. It is relaxing and enjoyable, and it gives me an outlet that I might not otherwise have. Sometimes the topics flow so freely through my mind that I never get the chance to type out all that flows through my mind. Other times, though, I wonder how I ever found things to write about on a daily basis.

That is where I am right now, although I have a feeling you did not need me to tell you that! You could probably look at this blog and see that clearly.

The interesting thing is that I can see the "writer's block" reflected in a general lack of motivation in other areas of my life. I am keeping up with everything for the most part, but it is not very exciting. Even things I enjoy like teaching the girls, sewing, reading, and taking pictures are just mundane right now.

But something to remember is that this is not a bad place. It is a place where my days are routine and mundane. It is a place where there is not a lot of variation. It is a place where my mind is not constantly packed full. So, it is a place where a lot can happen.

In a mundane place, my mind is not bombarded. So, it is free to pray, memorize, and learn. It is free to focus very clearly on just being in the Lord's presence even while I go through each mundane activity. Sometimes I get so caught up in being blah over the mundane that I forget just how beautiful it can be. This time, I want to recognize the beauty!

So, I have a choice right now. I can take this mundane time of motivational blockage and let it get me down. Or I can use it as a beautiful time. It's going to take some work, of that I am sure. But, I desire to take advantage of this time. God can use it in so many ways if I will!

No comments: